Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Baking With Michal

So to continue my cookie series, please enjoy the batch of cookies I made last night. I have Juniog High group tonight and told them I would bake cookies. I was missing some ingredients so I had to improvise but they still taste OK (just not buttery since there is no butter in them). Read on...

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup fat-fre
e sour cream

3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 egg whites
1 (12 ounce) package dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine applesauce, sour cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg whites. Add flour, baking soda, and salt to the applesauce mixture. Stir until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

Using a nonstick cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, drop the cookie batter onto the cookie sheet by the teaspoonful. Place cookies 2 inches apart and bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.


Applesauce and sour cream? These don't belong in cookies! Unless, of course, you realize that you have no butter. Improvising!
Two types of sugar- always a fan of sugar!
Two egg whites- I've become quite adept at separating eggs.... but never know what to do with the yolks!
Vaneeela

This looks gross--- I hope that it turns into cookies.

Always appropriate to get some flour of your face when cooking.
What is the difference between baking soda and baking powder? I have no idea.
What did people do before mixers? Mixed by hand!
Improvising! No chocolate chips so use white chips!
Hot out of the oven (they are super pasty white because of the white vanilla chips- I would call them super white cookies but that feels racist...)
Different, but still good

No comments:

Post a Comment